Roasted Corn, Heirloom Tomato and Basil Salad is so fresh and colorful that you just want to dive in and eat it. In the Spring, you can scrape the kernels off fresh ears of corn; but in the Winter, you can defrost bags of corn and the results will still be delicious. Roasting the corn brings out its sweetness. Adding multi-colored heirloom pear and cherry tomatoes to the corn with fresh basil makes it a delicious salad on its own. Roasted Corn, Heirloom Tomato and Basil Salad is a great addition to chicken or turkey schnitzel – in addition to fried fish or tofu!
For another salad using Heirloom Tomatoes, click on the link Heirloom Tomato and Bleu Cheese Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Roasted Corn, Heirloom Tomato and Basil Salad
By November 17, 2014Published:
- 16 Servings
- 3 pounds Frozen Corn Kernels defrosted
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 pounds pear/cherry heirloom tomatoes multi-colored
- 1 ounce Fresh Basil shredded
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- 1 jellyroll pan lined with baking parchment
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to: 400° F.
- Empty bags of corn on to lined pan and toss with olive oil. Place in oven and roast for 20-30 minutes or until kernels start to turn brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Rinse tomatoes and cut them in half. Empty pan of corn into mixing bowl. Add tomatoes and basil. Toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve at room temperature.