This Roasted Vegetable Salad is an accidental and fortuitous creation. I had leftover roasted beets and butternut squash and didn’t want serve them the same way the next day. I had roasted the squash with just a little salt, pepper and olive oil; and the beets in their skins. The orange squash and red beets looked strikingly beautiful together. Into my fridge I went and pulled out a large cucumber for freshness and an avocado for creaminess. Roasted and salted pepitas rounded out the flavors and added crunch. Voila-a Roasted Vegetable Salad. Click on the link to see another recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash.
Prep time: 15 minutes (if using pre-roasted vegetables)
Roasted Vegetable Salad
By February 27, 2022Published:
- 6 Servings
- 2 large roasted beets peeled and diced
- 2 cups roasted cubed butternut squash
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large Haas avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pepitas
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- Mix all the vegetables and pepitas together in mixing bowl. Spoon into a serving dish. Serve at room temperature. I like this salad without any dressing. It has a sweet and mellow flavor. If you want a pop, squirt some fresh lemon juice over it.