Yummy tomato sauce, gooey cheese and healthy spinach are all layered together to form this wonderful lasagne.
Spinach and Cheese Lasagne
By March 13, 2014Published:
- 12x10x3 baking dish (8 Servings)
- 60 mins
- 6-7 cups tomato sauce homemade/bottled
- 8 ounces no boil lasagne noodles
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach/16 oz. defrosted chopped spinach
- 16 ounces mozzarella shredded/sliced
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 5 ounces veggie bacon browned and chopped coarsely
- 1 12x10x3 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
Wash and dry baby spinach. If you have opted for defrosted chopped spinach-you must place small amounts of it in a paper towel and wring it dry. Repeat until all the spinach has been done like this.
- Spread one cup of tomato sauce on bottom of baking dish. Lay three lasagne noodles on top of sauce. Cover noodles with 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese. Scatter some spinach over the top. Sprinkle about five ounces of mozzarella and one tablespoon of parmesan over the spinach. Pour 1 1/2 cups of sauce over the cheese. Press three more lasagne noodles into the sauce. Repeat this process until all the ingredients have been used up. Scatter optional veggie bacon between any layers you like. The last layers of noodles should be covered with tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake lasagne for 45 minutes or until the top has browned and cheese is bubbling. Serve hot with a big salad.