Lasagne noodles layered with homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan and baby spinach come together to form this wonderful casserole. I like to make two at a time and always have one in the freezer.
Spinach and Cheese Lasagne
By March 13, 2014Published:
- 12x10x3 baking dish (8 Servings)
- 60 mins
- 6-7 cups tomato sauce homemade/bottled
- 8 ounces no boil lasagne noodles
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 16 ounces mozzarella shredded/sliced
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 5 ounces veggie bacon- optional browned and chopped coarsely
- 1 12x10x3 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
Wash and dry baby spinach. If you don't use baby spinach you have to remove the center veins of the more mature spinach leaves.
- Spread one cup of tomato sauce on bottom of baking dish. Lay three lasagne noodles on top of sauce. Cover noodles with 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese. Scatter some spinach over the top. Sprinkle about five ounces of mozzarella and one tablespoon of parmesan over the spinach. Pour 1 1/2 cups of sauce over the cheese. Press three more lasagne noodles into the sauce. Repeat this process until all the ingredients have been used up. Scatter optional veggie bacon between any layers you like. The last layers of noodles should be covered with tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake lasagne for 45 minutes or until the top has browned and cheese is bubbling. Serve hot with a big salad.