Spinach and Peach Salad may seem like an unusual combination; but earthy spinach combined with juicy sweet peaches, caramelized onions, creamy avocados and candied pecans make for a spectacular bite. A little fruity vinegar ties it altogether. Serve your Spinach and Peach Salad in a large shallow bowl or arrange it on each person’s plate as a composed salad. Either way it is beautiful and delicious.
Prep time: 60 minutes
Spinach and Peach Salad
By June 23, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 2 large red onions peeled, halved
- Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach rinsed and dried
- 3 large fresh ripe peaches peeled
- 2 ripe Haas avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 cups candied pecans purchased or home made
- 4 tablespoons fruit vinegar flavor of your choice
- medium mixing bowl
- jelly roll pan
- large salad bowl
- Preheat oven to: 375° F.
- Slice onions thinly and place in medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well. Spread onions out in a single layer in jellyroll pan. Roast in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes until onions are very soft.
- Place spinach in salad bowl.
- Slice peaches into 1/3 inch wedges. Slice avocados- halve slices or leave them long -as you like. Add to spinach. Add onions with oil they've roasted in. Sprinkle with two tablespoons of fruit vinegar. Toss gently. Taste. Add more dressing if you like. Scatter candied pecans over salad. Serve at room temperature.