Spinach and Peach Salad may seem like an unusual combination; but earthy spinach combined with peaches oozing juicy sweetness, caramelized onions, creamy avocados and candied pecans make for an spectacular salad. A little raspberry vinegar ties it altogether. Serve it in a large shallow bowl or arrange it on each person’s plate as a composed salad. Either way this is a beautiful and delicious salad.
Prep time: 60 minutes
Spinach and Peach Salad
By June 23, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 2 large red onions peeled, halved
- Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach rinsed and dried
- 3 large fresh ripe peaches peeled
- 2 ripe Haas avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 cups candied pecans purchased or home made
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- medium mixing bowl
- jelly roll pan
- large salad bowl
- Preheat oven to: 375° F.
- Slice onions thinly and place in medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well. Spread onions out in a single layer in jellyroll pan. Roast in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes until onions are very soft.
- Place spinach in salad bowl.
- Slice peaches into 1/3 inch wedges. Slice avocados- halve slices or leave them long -as you like. Add to spinach. Sprinkle with two tablespoons of raspberry vinegar. Toss gently. Taste. Add more dressing if you like. Scatter candied pecans over salad. Serve at room temperature.