These mushrooms stuffed with mushroom stems and vegetables are just delicious. There are no crumbs, eggs, or nuts in this recipe so it’s perfect for everyone-vegans. vegetarians, and those who are gluten free-which also makes them great for Passover! Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
By March 17, 2016Published:
- 20 large white mushrooms wiped clean, stems removed and set aside
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 1 medium onion peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 large Garlic Cloves peeled
- 1 large stalk celery washed and cut in chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- pinch seasalt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry optional
- 1/4 cup Minced Fresh Parsley optional
- 1 jellyroll pan lined with baking parchment
- 1 food processor steel knife inserted
- 1 medium skillet
- Dip mushroom caps in lemon juice and place them, empty cavity up, in lined pan. Preheat oven to: 350° F.
- Place onion, garlic, celery and mushroom stems in bowl of processor. Pulse on and off until all vegetables are minced.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium flame. Sauté minced vegetables until they are very soft. Remove from heat. Add oregano, salt and pepper. Stir well. Taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add sherry-if desired. Adjust seasoning again.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing. Bake 25 minutes. Arrange on a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Optional: sprinkle the tops with minced parsley before serving