This chicken is full of flavor, easy to make and delicious hot or cold!
Prep time: 20 minutes
By March 3, 2016Published:
- 16 pieces
- 2 medium chickens cut in joints and skinned
- 2 cups Non-dairy Unseasoned Bread Crumbs optional: matzah meal or gluten free crumbs
- 3 large lemons
- 5 large Shallots peeled and minced
- 1 cup country Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dried Tarragon make sure you have a fresh bottle
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Dry White Wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 microplane/grater
- 1 large roasting pan
- Preheat oven to: 375° F.
- Combine minced shallots, mustard, oil, tarragon and pepper in one mixing bowl. Pour crumbs into remaining mixing bowl. Grate lemons directly into crumbs; mix well and set aside.
- Rinse off chicken joints and trim any extraneous fat and bone. Pat dry. Dip chicken into mustard mixture and then into crumbs. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes; then add wine and chicken broth. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear. Baste twice during this second baking. When the juices run clear and you see that the chicken is done, remove the pan from the oven.
- When chicken is done, arrange it on a a serving platter . Spoon the pan drippings over the top . Garnish with fresh tarragon leaves and serve with brightly colored vegetables and rice. Enjoy.