Even those who don’t love Tofu will enjoy this recipe. Once you’ve pressed and drained the extra firm tofu, it is ready to soak up all the flavors you can give it. Coating your Tofu slices in either Panko or gluten free crumbs mixed with Tarragon and pepper gives the first layer of flavor. After you sauté the tofu, it soaks up the added flavors of the mushrooms, white wine and grapes. It’s delicious, gluten free and vegan. Enjoy!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Tofu With Grapes and Mushrooms
By December 18, 2013Published:
- 8-9 1/2 inch slices (4 Servings)
- 16 Ounces Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 cup Panko or 2 ounces gluten free crumbs
- 2 Teaspoons Tarragon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Pound Non-dairy Margarine softened
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Low Salt Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 10 ounces White Mushrooms quartered
- 1 Cup Green Seedless Grapes
- Large Skillet
- Oven to Table serving dish
- Drain tofu. Cover it with a paper towel and place under 2 heavy cans or a brick to press out the liquid for 30 minutes. Pour off liquid. Cut tofu into ¼ inch slices. Set aside.
- Mix Panko with tarragon and pepper. Coat tofu slices on both sides with this mixture. Preheat oven to: 350 F.
- Melt four tablespoons margarine in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown tofu slices in margarine. Arrange slices in serving dish.
- Melt two tablespoons margarine in same skillet and sauté onions until they are translucent. Add vegetable broth and white wine and simmer for two minutes. Pour over tofu slices.
- Melt remaining two tablespoons margarine in skillet. Sauté mushrooms and add to tofu. Scatter grapes on top and bake about 20 minutes or until grapes begin to give up their juices and are hot. Serve with rice and a brightly colored vegetable.