This recipe for Tofu with White Wine, Lemon and Capers is the vegetarian version of my .Turkey Scaloppine with Lemon and Capers.
Tofu with White Wine, Lemon and Capers
By December 18, 2013Published:
- 4 Servings
- 60 mins
- 1 16- Ounce Container of Extra Firm Tofu
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Large Lemon
- 1 Cup Capers
- 1 Bunch Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- Large Skillet
- Oven to Table Casserole
- Drain tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towel and put on a plate under a brick or two heavy cans for 30 minutes. Drain again. Cut tofu into ½ inch thick slices.
- Mix flour and pepper. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high flame. Dredge tofu slices in flour and brown on each side in the oil. When tofu is browned, arrange it in an overlapping pattern in casserole. Set aside.
- Drain capers and rinse them off. Set aside.
- Juice one half lemon and add with white wine and capers to skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Pour over tofu slices.
- Wash and mince several sprigs (no stems) of parsley. You should have at least three tablespoons (more, if you like). Sprinkle parsley over tofu. Serve immediately with rice.