This Vegetarian Cabbage Soup started out as a means for me to use up some leftover cabbage. It was so good, that I started making it on its own!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Vegetarian Cabbage Soup
By June 9, 2014Published:
- 10 Servings
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 4-5 cups cabbage leaves parboiled and chopped
- 1 large sweet onion finely chopped
- 28 ounces Can/box organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 10 cups Vegetable Broth homemade/boxed-not canned
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Lemon juiced
- 4 quart stock pot
- Heat oil in stock pot. Add cabbage and onions. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), salt and broth. Stir well. Bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add brown sugar and lemon juice. Stir well. Taste. Adjust with more sugar or lemon juice as needed. Serve hot.