At first sight, everyone will assume your Watermelon Gazpacho is a traditional Gazpacho with tomatoes. Wait til they discover that this Gazpacho is tomato free!! It is a much sweeter-but not too sweet- and milder version of the original recipe while still maintaining loads of flavor. Serve this Watermelon Gazpacho cold with homemade croutons. It will soon become a favorite!
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
By July 27, 2014Published:
- 6 Servings
- 6 pounds seedless watermelon
- 1 medium seedless English cucumber
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small shallot peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley rinsed and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- large mixing bowl
- Dice enough watermelon to equal eight cups and place in large mixing bowl. Discard any black seeds you may find.
- Peel and remove small seeds of the "seedless" cucumber. Dice cucumber and add to watermelon.
- Rinse, core and seed red pepper. Cut into small dice and add to mixing bowl.
Add minced shallot and all the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix well.
- Puree three cups of watermelon mixture in processor. Pour into large bowl or container with a top. Puree another three cups of melon mixture. and add to first batch. Stir in remaining diced ingredients. Chill at least two hours or overnight. Taste. Add more salt if needed. Serve cold with home made croutons. Enjoy!