No more fighting for the crispy piece! Everyone gets it. These individual kugels are quick to make and easy to serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Hint: Make these in mini muffin pans and you get tons of bite size hors d’oeuvres!
Individual Potato Kugels
By April 1, 2014Published:
- 24 kugels
- 5 large eggs
- 1 large onion peeled
- 3 pounds White Potatoes peeled
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil use grapeseed oil for Passover
- Non-dairy Baking Spray
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- large mixing bowl
- standard size muffin pans non-stick is best
- cooling racks
- narrow spatula
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut onions into quarters and place in bowl of processor. Pulse repeatedly until minced. Add onions to eggs. Repeat the same process with potatoes. Mix well. Add potato starch and oil and mix again.
- Preheat oven to: 350° F. Spray muffin pan (even if you're using non-stick). Pour 1/3 cup potato mixture into each muffin cup. Bake on lowest shelf of oven for 30 minutes. Place muffin tins on cooling rack for 10 minutes. Run a narrow spatula around the outside of each kugel; and then carefully invert muffin pan on cooling rack. The kugels will drop out. Serve immediately or let them cool completely before wrapping and freezing them. Be sure to put waxed paper between the layers. Defrost before reheating.