Brussels Sprouts were not my favorite vegetable growing up. I’ve done a complete turnaround! I discovered that if you buy them small and steam them gently they are wonderful. The dill and walnuts make the sprouts extra special.
Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts & Dill
By January 30, 2014Published:
- 12 Servings
- 1 hr 40 mins
- 40 Small Brussels Sprouts
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 Cups Toasted Walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
- 4/5 Turns of the Pepper Mill
- Large Skillet
- Peel off outer leaves from Brussels sprouts - exposing the lighter green leaves underneath. Trim sprouts at the stem and make a small x in each one. Soak sprouts in bowl of lightly salted water for 30 minutes to make sure they are clean. Drain sprouts and cut them in half.
- Bring two inches of water to boil in skillet. Add sprouts and steam about three minutes or until crisp tender. Drain sprouts in colander.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add sprouts, walnuts and dill. Stir well until sprouts and nuts are slightly glazed. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Serve Brussels sprouts hot or at room temperature.
Note: Don't worry about leaving out the walnuts if anyone is allergic. The sprouts will still be a hit.