This Farfalle with Roasted Cauliflower in Lemon Garlic Sauce recipe will wow your dinner guests with its light, exotic taste. The lemon garlic sauce adds a nice zing to the pasta and vegetables. I love Mediterranean cuisine, and this is one of my favorite recipes!
Farfalle with Roasted Cauliflower in Lemon Garlic Sauce
By February 21, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 1 Large Cauliflower
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Pound Farfalle
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Minced Parsley
- Freshly Grated Parmesan optional
- Jellyroll Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Spaghetti Bowl
- Small Skillet
- Preheat oven to: 400˚ F.
- Separate cauliflower into florets. Rinse well and pat dry. Toss florets with 2 tablespoons coconut oil, ½ teaspoon salt and a couple of turns of the pepper grinder. Place in oven and roast until browned-about 30-45 minutes. Scrape cauliflower and oil in the pan into mixing bowl.
- Fill stock pot with water and dash of salt. Bring to a boil. Cook the farfalle according to package directions - about 12 minutes. Drain well. Add to cauliflower.
- While pasta is boiling, peel and mince garlic. Grate lemons and add zest to garlic. Squeeze enough lemon juice to equal 2 tablespoons. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat in skillet. Add minced garlic and lemon zest. Sauté one minute. Turn off heat. Add lemon juice and pour over pasta and cauliflower. Toss well. Taste. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve parmesan, if desired, on the side. This pasta is best at room temperature.