This recipe is so easy and yet looks so elegant! You can serve it two different ways: 1. Layer the potatoes and apples directly into the greased oven to table baking dish and cut slices directly from this dish. 2. Line the baking dish with baking parchment and layer the potatoes and apples onto the parchment. When the galette is fully baked, let it cool about 10 minutes and then invert it onto an oven to table serving dish. Either way, you will have a sweet and crisp side dish for any meal!
Prep time: 30 minutes
By March 17, 2015Published:
- 8-10 Servings
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples peeled,cored, quartered
- 1/4 pound Non-dairy Margarine melted
- 4 teaspoons Fresh Sage minced
- Five 7 ounce Russet Potatos peeled
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 10 inch oven to table baking dish
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- electric food processor thin slicer inserted
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Slice apples in processor or by hand. Place in them in a mixing bowl with with two tablespoons of melted margarine and two teaspoons of sage. Toss lightly.
- Slice potatoes thinly by hand or in processor. Mix potatoes with remaining margarine and sage in other mixing bowl. Add four turns of the pepper grinder. Toss lightly.
- Arrange two layers of potato slices in overlapping concentric circles in baking pan. Top with a layer of apple slices. Cover with a last layer of potatoes. Pour remaining margarine and sage from both mixing bowl over top layer.
- Bake galette on lowest level of oven for about one hour or until the top is beginning to brown. Remove galette from oven. Cool 10 minutes on rack. Serve directly from baking dish or invert galette onto oven to table platter. Remove parchment from top. Put galette under the broiler for two minutes or until top is crisp and golden or use a kitchen torch. Serve hot.