A rolled Roasted Turkey Breast is perfect when you don’t want to roast a whole bird. It’s easy to prepare and is delicious hot or cold. I love using the leftovers for sandwiches or a Chef’s Salad! Even your dark meat devotées will find it moist, flavorful and satisfying. There is veritably no fat to contend with so you don’t have to make it a day in advance to remove the grease- a healthy dinner for all!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Roasted Breast of Turkey
By June 7, 2015Published:
- 8-10 Servings
- 5 pounds rolled turkey breast leave string holding it together in place
- 2 tablespoons Bell's Seasoning Mix equal parts of sage, ginger, marjoram, thyme, oregano, rosemary and pepper
- 1 large onion peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 2-3 large branches rosemary
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 roaster with cover
- meat thermometer
- Preheat oven to: 375° F.
- Rinse turkey breast and remove feathers. Pat dry. Scatter sliced onion on the bottom of roaster. Rub Bell's Seasoning or your own spice mixture into the skin and all over the breast. Place on top of onions. Place thyme and rosemary all around the breast. Pour orange juice over the breast. Cover and place in oven. Roast for 60 minutes.
- Carefully remove cover and baste breast with pan juices. Baste every 20 minutes or so for another 90 minutes or until turkey is beautifully glazed and thermometer reads 180° F. The juices should be clear and the breast should bounce back when you press down on it with your finger.
- Remove roaster from oven and let breast rest 15 minutes before cutting off the twine. Serve whole and slice at the table or slice it in the kitchen.1/3" wide slices work well.
- The natural gravy is almost fat-free so you can remove the herbs and serve it "au natural" with or without the onions. If you prefer a thicker gravy: Reheat juices on top of the stove and whisk in one or two tablespoons of flour (potato starch for Passover) until you achieve the thickness you like. If it thickens up too quickly, you can thin it down with a little orange juice or low salt chicken broth. Enjoy!