A whole roasted cauliflower is a thing of beauty! Can anyone resist digging into that crisp outside and discovering the soft mellow flavors within? Don’t be surprised if you only get 2-3 intact slices from a large cauliflower. You can arrange the pieces that separate into a slice or serve them loose. They will still be delicious. Here’s how.
Prep time: 15 minutes
By April 11, 2019Published:
- 2-3 slices + extra pieces (3-4 Servings)
- 1 2.5 pound white cauliflower
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- jelly roll pan lined with parchment
- Preheat oven to: 400° F.
Mix oil, herbs, salt, pepper and garlic together. Hold cauliflower upside down on parchment paper. Pour half the herb mixture through the bottom. Turn over and massage the remaining mixture over the top. Take any oil that dripped through the bottom and add it to the top. Place in oven and roast 45-60 minutes; or until the top is brown and crusty and you can easily pierce the cauliflower with a cake tester. It should go through like butter.
- Serve roasted cauliflower as a side dish or slice and use as a base for Vegetables Bourguignon.