By December 18, 2013Published:
- 2 Servings
- 8 Ounces Seitan Cubed and Drained
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Saffron
- 1/8 Teaspoon Hot Paprika
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Shallot Peeled and Minced
- 1/2 Inch Fresh Ginger root Peeled and Minced
- 1 Large Carrot Peeled and Diced
- 1 Large Celery Stalk Washed and Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Strip Orange Rind Cut Into Thin Strips
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 Cup Dried Apricots Sliced
- 1/3 Cup Pitted Green Olives
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Medium Skillet
- Mix spices in medium mixing bowl. Add seitan cubes and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium flame. Add minced shallots, garlic, ginger, carrots and celery. Sauté until carrots have softened. Add tomato paste, orange rind, and honey. Stir well.
Add spiced seitan cubes to skillet and stir until they are completely covered with the sautéed mixture. Stir in apricots and olives. If you feel you need more liquid, add a little orange juice. Serve hot with Israeli couscous.