Watermelon Feta Salad combines the flavors of sweet, juicy watermelon with that of salty, dry Feta. It is a match made in foodie heaven. Add blueberries and toasted pine nuts and you’ve got a beautiful light Summer salad. Isn’t it nice when there is absolutely no actual cooking involved? Just cutting and mixing does the trick. When I buy a large watermelon, I can often get two recipes out of it plus some to munch on. This Watermelon Feta Salad is always a hit as is Watermelon Gazpacho.
Hint: Use toasted sunflower seeds if anyone is allergic to nuts.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Watermelon and Feta Salad
By May 30, 2016Published:
- 4 cups
- 1 pound-(3 cups) seedless watermelon cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 ounces chunk Feta cheese diced
- 1 tablespoon Bartenura balsamic vinegar (private collection)
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts/sunflower seeds toasted
- mixing bowl
- serving dish
- Place the watermelon, blueberries and feta in the mixing bowl. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Toss gently. Add chopped mint leaves. Toss again. Spoon into serving dish. Scatter toasted nuts/seeds on top. Serve cold or at room temperature.