Fillets of Flounder cooked with shallots, cucumbers and dill is an easy, light and delicious recipe that is perfect for lunch or dinner. You can make rosettes of the flounder like I do in the video or you can just arrange the fillets in a pan and arrange the other ingredients around and on top of them Either way works. Enjoy!
Fillets of Flounder with Cucumbers and Dill
By April 11, 2016Published:
- 12 rosettes
- 50 mins
- 6 medium flounder fillets white side only-optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground white pepper
- 1 large shallot peeled and minced
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped dill
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 oven to table baking dish
- Spread olive oil on bottom of baking dish. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry. Cut each one down the center and remove the pinkish bone. Flip fillets so that their more attractive side is on the cutting board. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Start at the narrower end and roll up each fillet and place it in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shallots, cucumbers and dill over and around the rolled fillets. Pour the wine over everything. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Be careful when you remove the pan from the oven. The cucumbers and fish will have given off a good deal of liquid. Remove the foil. The aroma from the dill is intoxicating! Serve the flounder hot with colorful vegetables.