Green Dill Sauce is actually home made mayo that becomes green with the addition of assorted herbs and/or vegetables. You can change the flavor to suit your own taste with the choice and amount of herbs you add. Serve it on the side with poached fish or steamed vegetables.
Green Dill Sauce
By April 13, 2016Published:
- 2 +
- 15 mins
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly chopped dill tightly packed
- 1/4 cup baby spinach stems removed and tightly packed
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- Add eggs and vinegar to bowl of processor. Process one minute. Pour oil through the tiny hole in the food pusher while the processor is running. As the oil is added, the mayo will form. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped herbs and vegetables and continue to process until they are finely minced and the mayo has turned green. Scrape it down from the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Scrape sauce into a serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. You can make this sauce 2-3 days in advance. Serve it with poached salmon and/or steamed vegetables.